Re: Another bibliography management software.

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 01/05/2008, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
>> It is probably EndNote...
>
> Yes! That certainly rings a bell.
>
>>  Biologists use a lot MS word for preparing manuscripts, in particular
>>  for the features that allow to put comments in bubbles displayed in the
>>  margin. Typically, the manuscript circulates among authors and each add
>>  modifications and comments, that are eventually stably integrated in the
>>  manuscript by the main writer.
>
> Interesting. I have been writing my thesis as a back-and-forth thing
> between my advisor and me, and I print it out, he writes on the
> margins, I retype things, and it goes back to him. The best
> replacement to the bubble system I can think of is some source
> management system, like git, hg, or svn. I'm not sure I'd be able to
> easily sway my advisor to learn to use either one of those, though.
>
> Is there anything better in Debian?
>
> - Jordi G. H.

Hello,

Don't know if it's really relevant to your need. I recently come across
commentpress

http://www.futureofthebook.org/commentpress/

which is some sort of plugin for wordpress where reader can comment on
either on a chapter or an individual paragraph. An example of it's use
is Jonathan Zittrain's book "The Future of the Internet and How to Stop It".

http://yupnet.org/zittrain/

Haven't try it out though.

Regards,
ST