Re: Another bibliography management software.

Le Thu, May 01, 2008 at 06:10:59PM -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso a écrit :
> Speaking of bibliography software, last year a company came to sell to
> our school access to some citation database, and I remember that they
> had a lot of export features, and were particularly proud of how you
> could export bibliographic entries to some Word format.
>
> I found that strange... I thought everybody used BibTeX? Or is that
> only mathematicians?

It is probably EndNote... I was often unhappy of the stability and
complexity of it, and I found that Bibus is a very nice replacement,
that works with OpenOffice and MS Word.

Biologists use a lot MS word for preparing manuscripts, in particular
for the features that allow to put comments in bubbles displayed in the
margin. Typically, the manuscript circulates among authors and each add
modifications and comments, that are eventually stably integrated in the
manuscript by the main writer.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy