Re: Another bibliography management software.

On 01/05/2008, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> It is probably EndNote...

Yes! That certainly rings a bell.

>  Biologists use a lot MS word for preparing manuscripts, in particular
>  for the features that allow to put comments in bubbles displayed in the
>  margin. Typically, the manuscript circulates among authors and each add
>  modifications and comments, that are eventually stably integrated in the
>  manuscript by the main writer.

Interesting. I have been writing my thesis as a back-and-forth thing
between my advisor and me, and I print it out, he writes on the
margins, I retype things, and it goes back to him. The best
replacement to the bubble system I can think of is some source
management system, like git, hg, or svn. I'm not sure I'd be able to
easily sway my advisor to learn to use either one of those, though.

Is there anything better in Debian?

- Jordi G. H.