Re: pkg-science, again

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

I think everybody agree on this. However, we have to start somewhere and
starting to add some interesting packages could be a good way to begin
and to interest people to this project, don't you think ?

Well, we might be much farther away.  I guess you will find some hits
if you search for my name and the term custom debian distribution (or CDD)
in the archive of this list.  It's not that I did not made some suggestions
that would lead to a wider scope - it just lacks some willingness / time
to work on it.

I don't know the software David is talking about (sketch, bibutils and
vrr), but software that Adam is packaging (OpenCascade, Code_Aster and
Salomé) deserve to be in pkg-sci{ence,comp}.

As I said - I'm not against packaging scientific software.