Re: pkg-science, again

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

This group could take inspiration from pkg-scicomp or debian-med to
create his own policy (goals are very similar to pkg-scicomp).

I'm a little bit concerned about the nomen est omen _pkg_-science
and _pkg_scicomp.  IMHO we need more than just packaging random
scientific software.  What Debian-Med does and what a CDD really
makes is forming a community around the software in the focused area,
try to teach them, building a network of cooperatioen etc.  It is not
only a technical thing like pure packaging.  It is about making
Debian the distribution of choice for scientists.

Kind regards

            Andreas,