Debtags and tasks (was Re: [RFC] New task: science-dataacquisition)

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

> I perfectly agree that DebTags should play a much more important role
> in the Blends effort than they do now (in fact there is currently no
> real connection between Blends and DabTags even if both efforts try to
> tackle the same target).

If you maintain a wishlist for your tasks package, can you add
"Display debtags" to it please.

> The reason for this is simple: Nobody just
> cared for it and I'm simply lacking the time to do this.  Any volunteers.

I have done some tagging. Adding tags to packgages is easy, anyone can
do it[1] - just go to http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/edit.html to add
tags to your favourite package.

While I believe that there is scope for more tags for science
packages[2], the current scheme is a good start, and useful in its own
right.

Chris

[1] Please go tagging folks.

[2] I started a discussion on this this mailing list a few months
ago. I think progress was made, but we didn't come up with a set of
additional tags.