Re: debian-science repository structure

    Andreas> Uhm, I hope so.  I really hope that using quilt _and_ git
    Andreas> is no contradiction.

None at all. I think the X task force works this way, for example.

    >> I think it should be possible to generate mr configurations, or
    >> git superprojects automagically from the tasks files as well. I
    >> guess we need to include appropriate VCS-git and VCS-browser
    >> fields in the tasks files.

    Andreas> For what use?

Well, I was responding to this initive to organize the svn repo by discipline,
and pointing out a different way to accomplish the same thing.  I don't really
know why one wants to do this, this was my question below.

    >> I would be curious to know what a use case for "check out all
    >> of the physics packages" would be.

    Andreas> Well, probably this is some kind of crook because most
    Andreas> probably there is no real physicist who needs all
    Andreas> packages related to physics on his workstation.

I think we are talking in orthogonal subspaces here ;-). My question
was about organizing the debian-science repository. I don't think a
very large number of science end-users will check packages out from
our repository.

David