Re: debian-science repository structure

Le dimanche 18 mai 2008 à 16:14 +0200, Manuel Prinz a écrit :
> Am Sonntag, 18. Mai 2008 15:56:11 schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
> > > Looking at the current situation, the repositories are quite
> > > unstructured: The SVN repo contains the tasks created by Sylvestre and
> > > some packages checked in at the same level which is quite confusing.
> >
> > It is temporary. We have to move them into the appropriate category.
>
> OK. I just thought this was due to some misunderstanding by the people who
> checked those in. My fault! Thanks for your work an that!
No worries, David Bremner has to decided which category would be the best.

> > > Since we do not know if we will move to one repository or keep both
> > > running forever, I'd prefer to have the same repository layout in both
> > > VCSs.
> >
> > Yep, I agree with you. It is a work in progress.
>
> Sure. I just thought we could get this organized in a flexible way right from
> the start, so we can focus on the "progress" more than on the "work". ;)
>
> Anyway, I was not criticizing your work, sorry if that came out wrong!
I didn't take this way :)
I noticed how you work in the Debian OpenMPI team and that you are only trying to make thing better !

> > Here are a few ideas behind the idea of category into the repository.
> > For example if someone just want to just checkout package from the
> > category he is interested in
> > Facilitate the involvement of people dedicated to a specific category.
>
> Those are of course valid points, though I still think that is something that
> can be generated from the meta-information that is already available. Writing
> a script for that should be fairly trivial and I'd be happy to do so!
Does anyone else has an opinion on this ? Andreas ? Charles ?

> I'm also very open to the format. I like DocBook but LaTeX may be more common
> in the scientific world. I do not have experience with LaTeX and HTML; my
> DocBook experience if very good when it comes to providing documentation in
> various formats. If you prefer something different, please let me know! (This
> should be a group effort anyway, I just try to start it.)
Personnaly, I don't care about the format. I care about the content
(just like SVN/git).  ;)

Sylvestre