Re: debian-science repository structure

    Teemu> Indeed. Is there any benefit in having this kind of
    Teemu> hierarchical structure even, since git repos are just
    Teemu> directories on a filesystem?  I would suggest to keep the
    Teemu> packages at the top level, and have separate subdirs for
    Teemu> tools, homepage, etc.

Well, it might make the structure more pleasant to browse either from
the command line or from some kind of web interface.  Other than that
it is just a matter of aesthetics or taste I guess. Is there important
downsides? I guess URLs get a bit longer, but the hierarchy is fixed
depth, so it is not so bad.

About /packages/[a-z] vs /packages, probably it is not so
important. But I think 20 team members (we have 13 now, in the current
chaos :-) and 100 packages is not out of the question.  It would be
nicer not to do another reorg very soon.

David