Re: Choose between TeXmacs and Auctex

Hero_xbd!.RRR wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am an undergraduate major in natural science. I am choosing a
> scientific paper editor for my remaining lifetime.
> Recently I find it hard to decide between TeXmacs and Auctex.
> I hope to have some advice from you gurus on the list.

I can only tell you my own experience, which is that when I was a student (some
years ago, sigh), I too thought that editing formulas in LaTeX was unpleasant.
Now I do it without thinking. I think many working scientists use (pseudo) LaTeX
even as an informal notation to express mathematics in Email etc...
So I would learn raw LaTeX since I think it is a useful skill, and will pay off
in the long run.  My own idea about tools is that for things I don't do very
often, I like graphical interfaces, but for other things I prefer to let my
fingers do the work without bothering my brain very much. Typing formulas is
something I do _very_ often, so...

Good luck,

David

PS. WhizzyTeX sounds cool.