Re: Choose between TeXmacs and Auctex

Am Dienstag 22 April 2008 16:06:48 schrieb Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda:
> A Dimarts 22 Abril 2008, Gary Pajer va escriure:

> > But the decision is very personal.  There are lots of solutions, and
> > each one is loved by  someone somewhere.
>
> I prefer kile and not LyX. It's better to write in "pure" LateX than pseudo
> as LyX, IMHO.

Seconded. I prefer kile as well. I tried LyX (Years ago, mind you) and found
it somewhat uncomfortable. And LateX isn't hard to learn. In fact, you don't
need to learn all that much - just copy and paste bits of layout that you
like from somewhere else.
Perhaps that is a big advantage of kile (or other forms of direct editing).
All layout considerations or problems you have will already have been worked
out by someone else. Google, copy, paste. Concentrate on your scientific work
instead.

Be warned though: you'll likely get as many different opinions as there are
people on this list.

HTH,
Luca