Re: drawing of network: in search of a tool
For visualization purposes, I want to draw a power system with the power
flows on the figure.
* nodes on specific coordinates
* make connections between them according to the connections in my network
* put a number and arrow next to the connections indicating the power flow
* put a number next to every node (for voltages)
* preferably a vector format output for
All the input data is available in matlab, csv or txt format.
The visualisation should be possible for large networks, without
cluttering of information, and it should be ideal as this could be done
using some script in post-processing. It would be nice if it was very
straightforward :-). If the result is a figure, that is ok (no need for
interactivity with the outcome).
We've done things like this on numerous occasions with the Carter Butts
'sna' package for R. Fixed nodes, network node/edge lists, numbers and
arrows, directed graphs, edge weights, etc.
Output as whatever you like that R supports - postscript, pdf, bitmap,
jpeg, blah blah blah. :-)
See page 8 of this PDF for some things generated by R and r/sna:
[disclaimer - using one of my research group's papers as an example.]