Re: gnudatalanguage

Le 18 janv. 07 à 22:31, Christian T. Steigies a écrit :

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 12:33:09PM +0100, aetherlux wrote:

Hi everybody,

I opened the ITP for gnudatalanguage about two years ago. [...]

afaik, the versions built by Sergio and Heimy has a lack, they don't have save/re store support. This feature is available in the last gnudatalanguage version, but it is done through CMSVLIB (by Craig Marqwardt, available from http://cow.physic s.wisc.edu/~craigm/idl/down/cmsvlib.tar.gz). afaik, this library is not packaged
for Debian.

I am not a lawyer, but I have my doubts that cmsvlib can be included in Debian, I would not agree to the IDL EULA without ever having seen it or
without even using IDL:

http://cow.physics.wisc.edu/~craigm/idl/down/LICENSE.RSI

It is probably not even redistributable by Debian ("please obtain permission before redistributing"), but since cmsvlib just contains a bunch of .pro
files, can't every user, who agrees to the IDL EULA, just install that
package locally if he needs to use save files?

I propose again to handle gnudatalanguage via the pkg-scicomp svn
repository. Sergo agreed that we could use his packaging as a starting
point, and I must say it looks pretty neat, everything is handled by cbds. I could do the initial commit to the svn, but it would be nice if there was a
co-maintainer. Especially since I don't really use IDL...

I agree. I've also removed files based on these from the Yorick package, pointing users to where they can download them if needed (in README.Debian).

Regards, Thibaut.