Re: gnudatalanguage

Hi everybody,

I opened the ITP for gnudatalanguage about two years ago. First of all, I apologi
ze for the delay. I have not had time, knowledge or dedication to build a package
. Moreover I found problems with libraries don't packaged.
A few months ago, my sponsor Ricardo Javier Cárdenes Medina «Heimy» built a pa
ckage.

A few days ago Sergio Gelato reported that he had built the files needed to packa
ge gnudatalanguage.

A few months ago somebody requested me the package built by Heimy, it was to be u
sed in the Max-Planck Institute. Heimy has used his
package for his own purpouses in the IAC (Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias).

afaik, the versions built by Sergio and Heimy has a lack, they don't have save/re
store support. This feature is available in the last gnudatalanguage version, but
 it is done through CMSVLIB (by Craig Marqwardt, available from http://cow.physic
s.wisc.edu/~craigm/idl/down/cmsvlib.tar.gz). afaik, this library is not packaged
for Debian.

Sergio has not interested in build and maintain a Debian package and I am very bu
sy. So it would be very interesting to find a maintainer or developer to build an
d maintain an official version of the package or at least of CMSVLIB.

Juan.
Grupo de Usuarios de Linux de Ourense
http://www.gulo.org
http://juan.gulo.org