Re: New Debian ROOT (5.09/01) packages for i386 unstable

Hi Christian,

I just sent you a private email which must have crossed paths with
your most recent one to debian-science.

On 1/11/06, Christian Holm Christensen <cholm@nbi.dk> wrote:

> OK.  I decided to make the common package as you suggested, as I
> realised that if for example `/etc/root/pdg_table.txt' was in the
> libroot<version> package it would be impossible to install 2 such
> packages (e.g., libroot5.09 and libroot5.10).

Good point :-)

> Hmm.  I wonder why `./build/package/lib/makebuilddepend.sh' is called.
> It's normally called by `./build/package/lib/makedebdir.sh'  - not
> `debian/rules'.  Did you build from the source package, or from a CVS
> checkout?

>From the source package, version 5.09.01-2.  As mentioned in other
emails, all I did was run "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us" from
within the unpacked source tree.

> > Despite the error at the end, the build did succeed in producing a lot
> > of .debs.  I installed the generated .debs on the amd64 machine and
> > used ROOT a bit and it seemed to work fine.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
>
> Sure does.  Thanks.   Perhaps we should upload the packages to the
> repository?

If you mean the official Debian repository, I'd now like to wait until
we can figure out what's overwriting the build log and regenerating
debian/control with different build-depends.  The latter is a
potentially RC bug, and the former could cause weird problems on the
buildds.  See the other mail I just sent you for details.

best regards,