Re: New Debian ROOT (5.09/01) packages for i386 unstable

Replying to myself...

On 1/11/06, Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@gmail.com> wrote:

> I worked around the problem by installing (by hand)
> libmysqlclient12-dev, libqt3-mt-dev, and all the packages that
> "apt-get build-dep root" said it wanted to install.  Now I'm trying to
> build 5.09.01-2 on an amd64 box -- I'll let you know how it turns out.

The build unfortunately failed at the very end with:
 dpkg-genchanges
dpkg-genchanges: failure: cannot open upload file
../libroot-ruby5.09_5.09.1-2_amd64.deb for reading: No such file or
directory

Indeed, no such file was created in the build directory.  The thing I
find odd is that there is nevertheless a libroot-ruby5.09 entry in
debian/control ; I don't understand why the .deb wasn't built.  (Note:
the exact command I used to build was "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
-uc -us" in order to test that it would also generate the .diff.gz,
.dsc and .changes files OK.)

There were also a number of suspicious-looking messages during the
build such as this one, repeated several times:

*** Warning *** Unknown package root-common - please update
./build/package/lib/makebuilddepend.sh

Despite the error at the end, the build did succeed in producing a lot
of .debs.  I installed the generated .debs on the amd64 machine and
used ROOT a bit and it seemed to work fine.

Hope this helps.