Re: embed fonts in eps from R?

Thanks everyone for your input - it was helpful! A bit of a summary:
> standardization).  ImageMagick's command-line tool, "convert" can make
> CMYK tiffs and can (if built with lcms) embed ICC profiles.  You will
> probably need to build it yourself to get all the capabilities, as the
> versions included in many linux distros have been built without lcms.
actually it seems to be in Debian (unstable/testing at least) compiled
against it:

,---
| *$> ldd /usr/bin/convert  | grep cm
|         liblcms.so.1 => /usr/lib/liblcms.so.1 (0x00002b44c8911000)
`---

So now I am trying to do smth like

,---
| convert FH_overlaps_rgbdirect.tif -colorspace CMYK  -profile /home/yoh/.color/icc/pcg-v505ack-lcd.icc FH_overlaps_cmyk_fromrgbdirect_v505ackprofile.tif
`---

and I get CMYK tiff -- yeay:

,---
| $> tiffinfo FH_overlaps_cmyk_fromrgbdirect_v505ackprofile.tif
| TIFF Directory at offset 0x172828 (1517608)
| Image Width: 700 Image Length: 542
| Resolution: 72, 72 (unitless)
| Bits/Sample: 8
| Compression Scheme: None
| Photometric Interpretation: separated
| FillOrder: msb-to-lsb
| Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
| Samples/Pixel: 4
| Rows/Strip: 2
| Planar Configuration: single image plane
| DocumentName: FH_overlaps_cmyk_fromrgbdirect_v505ackprofile.tif
| ImageDescription:  Image generated by GPL Ghostscript (device=pnmraw)
|
| Software: ImageMagick 6.2.4 09/11/06 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
| Ink Set: CMYK
| ICC Profile: <present>, 776 bytes

`---
My images are quite simple and not very color informative, so some
distortion is tolerable, so I think I should be fine now ;)

> It helps to have some feeling for the differences between the gamut of
> a CMYK (ink) printing  process and the screen.  Many people run into
> difficulties because they have chosen colors that aren't in the CMYK
> gamut.
Well -- I am yet to see the obvious difference between the two gamuts.

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]