Re: embed fonts in eps from R?

I am sorry for bringing this discussion back.  From your
experience what tools produced nice results and were easy to use under
linux (or better be available under Linux).

A publisher requested to get tiff's saved in CMYK so I
started doing research on the topic and of cause first of all I mairixed
my mail archives to get to this email ;-)
I am not dealing with very colorful pictures so I am not sure if exact
profiling of screen would do any difference but I've done its basic
profiling using lprof. Now I am looking for easy way to save CMYK
tiff's.

There is a http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/separate.shtml GIMP plugin
but it seems that it wasn't really active developed recently, thus, I
thought, there must be some better alternative. I've split RGB into CMYK
layers using some conversion present in GIMP (takes RBF and decomposes
into separate layers of CMYK - so no proper visualization is
available). I am yet to find how to store that into CMYK TIFF
since it merges layers together while saving into tiff. After browsing
more it seems that the "separate" plugin is the only way.

What other tools are available?

Thanks in advance!

--
                                  .-.