Re: embed fonts in eps from R?

On 12/28/06, Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> wrote:

Thanks everyone for your input - it was helpful! A bit of a summary:

> It helps to have some feeling for the differences between the gamut of
> a CMYK (ink) printing  process and the screen.  Many people run into
> difficulties because they have chosen colors that aren't in the CMYK
> gamut.

Well -- I am yet to see the obvious difference between the two gamuts.

You should read the ICC information about "rendering intent", which is
how you control the handling of differences in gamut.  The most
obvious difference will be for "fluorescent" colors, which a CRT can
display but CMY&K inks can't produce.  See
http://dx.sheridan.com/advisor/cmyk_color.html for a basic description
of the problem.

--
George N. White III <aa056@chebucto.ns.ca>