Re: embed fonts in eps from R?

On 27 December 2006 at 21:20, Thomas Walter wrote:
| Some time ago I searched for ICC profiles and here are 2 URLs:
| 1.)	http://www.adobe.com/support/
| 	select "download" and scroll down until you read "Adobe ICC Profiles".
| After accepting the license for end user you can download an archive
| with RGB and CMYK profiles.
| 2.)	http://www.iccview.de/index.htm
| 	sorry that's in german, but some key words are not translated or
| common.  Select in the top "ICC-Infos".  If you then scroll down you
| will get to a section listing the profiles iccview can work with.  Some
| are available for download (see the 'ZIP' on the right hand side).
| This section follows some links to colormanagement and then additional
| links to icc profiles.
|
| > It helps to have some feeling for the differences between the gamut of
| > a CMYK (ink) printing  process and the screen.  Many people run into
| > difficulties because they have chosen colors that aren't in the CMYK
| > gamut.
| >

| Maybe this helps to work around.  But best would be a proper color
| selection initially using a color space circle for light and paint.

Have a look at http://www.colorbrewer.org --- and then install the R package
RColorBrewer via

	$ sudo R		# to be able to write in /usr/local
	> install.packages("RColorBrewer")

and then do

	> library(RColorBrewer)
	> display.brewer.all(8)     	# all 8-values palettes
	> display.brewer.pal(8, "RdBu") # 8 colors from a 'Red/Blue' palette

RColorBrewer provides a variety of 'color palettes'. The colorbrewer sites
has info on which color schemes are good for viewing, photocopying, lcd,
overhead, and printing (i.e. CMYK).

Hth, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison