Re: Simulation software package maintainer

> I can always file a bug later if you're not interested.  If you were
> to become interested that would be great!

I showed it to our engineer, and he is very interested, so I am trying to
create a package now.
Hrm, someone else offered as well and I just told him to go for it.
It seems you're a bit further along the track, so it's probably best
to let you continue with that.

Rafael: thanks for the offer of building a package, but I think it's
under control :-)

I have some problem with fftw, debian has fftw3 as the latest package, the
library is called libfftw3, but the headers are also called fftw3.h. The
configure scrip is checking for fftw.h, even when I --enable-fftw3. I'll try
some more to "fix" the configure.in, but if you have a fast hint, I' prefer
that. Got to go for lunch now...
A colleague mentioned this to me just recently and is an issue which
has not come up before.  If you manage to solve this problem that
would be fantastic, and we can patch the source.  I wrote the original
autoconf script for xmds, but had no prior experience, so it's likely
that things are all over the place inside.

Hehe, I read on your CV that you learned some german, so we continue the
discussion in german now?
Das können wir :-)  Ich wohne jetzt in Hannover seit Januar.  Als Du
"Moin" geschrieben hattest, dachte ich "hmm, er könnte Deutscher
sein".

However, English is the lingua franca of the internet, so probably
best to stick with it.  On list anyway.  I hope you don't mind, but
I'm bouncing this message to debian-science as well.

Tschüß,

Paul