Simulation software package maintainer

Hi all,

I'm one of the developers of the xmds simulation program
(http://www.xmds.org; used to solve differential equations, and
applicable in a variety of fields) and would like to contact someone
interested in packaging xmds to become part of Debian.  The software
is licensed under the GPL and is a sourceforge.net project
(http://xmds.sf.net).  It uses autoconf for configuration and
installation so hopefully isn't too hard to package up, however I
don't have much experience in doing this myself, so it would be great
to find someone who can do this and is already a Debian developer.

Whom should I contact?  Is this the correct way to go about getting a
new package into Debian while remaining an upstream author and not a
package maintainer as such?  It would be fantastic to have this
program as part of Debian.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Paul Cochrane