Re: About ROOT [Was: Re: ROOT as A replacement for gnuplot]

Hi Frederic-Emmanuel,

On 9/16/05, Frederic-Emmanuel PICCA <picca@synchrotron-soleil.fr> wrote:
> Hello
>
> > Quite frankly, it's not good enough.
>
> So you will explaine this to kde developpers :)
> They will switch to bksys/Scons. (we can not says that kde is a small
> project :).
> Blender is already using it.

I understand where you're coming from, but it's probably better if you
take the scons evangelism to upstream (e.g. by emailing the root-talk
forum).  I kind of doubt anyone on _this_ list is going to take the
trouble of rewriting the ROOT build system without being certain that
upstream will accept the patch.  Of course, you are welcome to do so
yourself - that's the beauty of Free Software.  :-)

regards,