Re: The problem with gnuplot

Hi,

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Tim Connors wrote:

Sorry, i didn't understand fully. What do you mean by the former? Can't
be libreadline, because this doesn't break when tab completing filenames
in quotes.

Oh?  I thought it did.  It's been a while, but I thought *something* was
b0rken.  Perhaps not?

When i wrote this morning, i still had that gnuplot with built-in
libreadline on my system and completing with single or double quotes
worked.

What pager are you using?  When using `less', using arrow keys or doing
anything at all requires you to press enter when you finish, so that less
gets its command.

Well, i just realized that i don't have $PAGER set... so i never had
anything comfortable like less for the gnuplot help. And the behavior of
the help without $PAGER is the same, wether rlwrap or not. But now with
$PAGER set i agree that it doesn't work correctly with rlwrap.

Ah, I see now -- I supply "-a" to rlwrap.  I had to do this because
otherwise completion wasn't working at all, even with "-c".  With "-a", it
works, just it refuses to complete a filename if surrounded by a single
quote, as gnuplot requires (although double quote works).

I also have to supply "-a" to rlwrap. But strange that rlwrap doesn't
complete the name when there is a quote. It does for me. Did you try
something like  "-b \'" as a rlwrap option?

I think gnuplot doesn't care wether you provide single or double quotes,
but nevermind.

I'll now give ledit a try...

Good luck! Maybe you can tell me about your experiences?

Lothar