The problem with gnuplot

Someone (sorry for not knowing who) asked, if I'm not much mistaken,
about what do people complain about gnuplot, apart from it's GUI. Well,
I think gnuplot's greatest problem is it's license. Why? It complies
with the FSF's guides, OK, but I think it's annoying to have to patch
the sources every time you want to improve it. If it would be GPLed, I'm
sure more people would like to contribute with it.

And talking (writing) about the GUI, yes, one can survive without it,
but I can't tell a student to use it "straight away".

Note that I don want to hurt anyone with this, it's

Just my two pence.

Damian.-

A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five. --
Groucho Marx