Re: status of s390 toolchain maintenance

On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 11:42:44AM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> yesterday Aurelian Jarno did switch the GCC default to 4.8 in the VCS.
> However I don't see him in the Debian GCC maintainer list as GCC port
> maintainer.  In the past I only did see s390 contributions and s390 related
> bug triage from Bastian Blank.  Is this change coordinated with Bastian?
> Please could both of you add the relevant information to the README.Debian
> (or send me patch), if you are actively involved in GCC maintenance on
> s390(x)?

Aurelien did a lot to bootstrap s390x and is also working on the port
both wrt buildd maintenance and debugging. He is listed on [1], too.
But obviously that does not imply GCC maintainance for s390*.
And indeed, we should've copied Bastian on this. I apologize.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

[1] http://release.debian.org/wheezy/arch_qualify.html