Re: How do I get the box-drawing characters to look right for Debian Installer? (SOLVED)
- To: Jeremy Stanley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: How do I get the box-drawing characters to look right for Debian Installer? (SOLVED)
- From: Philipp Kern <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 16:22:47 -0700
- Message-id: <20130630232247.GA12095@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <20130630134518.GA1472@yuggoth.org>
- References: <353485001.1946594.1372534662942.JavaMail.email@example.com> <1478260138.1947802.1372543174813.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20130630115835.GA3182@simplex.0x539.de> <20130630134518.GA1472@yuggoth.org>
On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 01:45:19PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2013-06-30 13:58:35 +0200 (+0200), Philipp Kern wrote:
> > convmv helps if you're dealing with wrongly encoded files.
> Wrongly encoded fileNAMEs perhaps, but for wrongly encoded file
> CONTENT you want iconv instead.
Yeah, I'm sorry. When on the console one usually has to deal with filenames,
while file encodings are handled by the editor. (Unless one uses cat,