Re: Atlas: Help with s390 ASM

On Jan 28, 2010, at 1:55 AM, Bastian Blank wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 12:39:31AM +0100, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
>> Atlas is an auto-optimized library. At the beginning of the script,
>> atlas launch a script to check what is the CPU architecture, the
>> optimisation available, etc.
>
> Which different optimizations are available for s390?
>
> But you remind me for something: I wanted to raise the minimum CPU
> requirement to z900.

Er, why?

There are a number of shops out there still stuck running 31-bit processors (albeit, no longer supported by IBM).  I supported one such right up until I left my previous job.  Those guys don't have a lot of other Linux options available to them (although, granted, they tend to also not have any money available to them).

Adam