Re: xorg-server FTBFS under S390 with error Unrecognized opcode: `sti'

Arnd Bergmann escribió:
> s390 does not have iopl()
> s390 can not disable interrupts from user space

Great. I didn't knew that (that's why I were asking in the first place),
but I learned that from Bastian's patch, IBM's Principles of Operation
and your comment. Thanks.

> The correct solution to this problem would be to not even
> try to build any X server except Xvfb and Xnest.

Some people exchanged ideas about that in the BTS [1]. The xorg-server
source package provides dummy video/input drivers, and it also provides
xvfb and xnest. The bugs we were talking about were making it impossible
to build those binary packages for the s390 architecture. Please note
that I'm not an X Strike Force member, nor I'm a freak who wants
everything compiled everyhere. I was just wondering about the bug.

Have a nice day,
Jose

José M. Parrella -> Debian Sid, k2.6.17.13
Escuela de Ingenieria Electrica
Universidad Central de Venezuela -> ucvlug.info