Re: xorg-server FTBFS under S390 with error Unrecognized opcode: `sti'

On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 09:44:39PM -0400, José Parrella wrote:
> a) Current versions of binutils and gcc in Sid interoperate badly (which
> seems possible and actually other -already solved- bugs give hints on
> this direction, like #376832)

Nope, this was s390x specific assembler instructions for s390.

> b) Somehow the compiler isn't producing valid .s code for the ESA/390
> (which is quite utopic indeed and would be apocalyptic)
> c) Definitions for the unrecognized routines are not present in the
> build environment. This would mean that the include/asm-s390/system.h
> (provided by libklibc-dev or other kernel headers) isn't present at
> build time.

include/asm-s390/system.h is not for use in userspace and don't provide
something which may look like sti.

Also you forget an option
d) sti does not exist. (I just checked the opcode table, it really does
not exist)

Bastian

--
No one wants war.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7