Re: xorg-server FTBFS under S390 with error Unrecognized opcode: `sti'

On Monday 18 September 2006 13:10, José Parrella wrote:
> > d) sti does not exist. (I just checked the opcode table, it really does
> > not exist)
>
> I originally thought that, yes (that would explain why avoiding iopl and
> ioperm solves the unrecognized opcode thing). I think I was confused
> because David Nusinow uploaded a new version with your patches to
> unstable, then reverted to the old version and uploaded to experimental,
> and meanwhile the last buildd log for the package in s390 failed [1]

Just to make this clear:

s390 does not have graphics hardware that linux could use
s390 does not have mmio hardware
s390 does not have iopl()
s390 can not disable interrupts from user space

The correct solution to this problem would be to not even
try to build any X server except Xvfb and Xnest.

	Arnd <><