Re: Change in bundler behaviour for gems installed in vendor_ruby directory?

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 04:32:02AM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Am Montag, dem 24.01.2022 um 01:46 +0530 schrieb Pirate Praveen:
> > On ഞാ, ജനു 23 2022 at 08:09:19 വൈകു +0100 +0100,
> > Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> wrote:
>
> [..]
> > > But could we make it the default? Maybe with the current
> > > debhelper-compat
> > > level? Then we don't have to write the "magic" lines in d/rules every
> > > time we
> > > touch a package. What do you think?
> >
> > It will break packages with patches which assumes the older layout.
>
> How many are there which have been bumped to dh v13 and still using the vendor
> layout? Every package I touched has been moved to the gem installation layout.
> We could also make it the default in dh v14, which is still open to
> development.

Yeah, I agree with Daniel and think that we could reuse the dh compat
levels in gem2deb to provide different default behavior. This will need
some some thinking to design it properly, and will also need some
documentation work.