Re: webgen_1.7.2-1_amd64.changes is NEW

Am / On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 16:33:54 -0700
schrieb / wrote Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name>:

> So far as I can see the concerns discussed in our
> that's currently in NEW -- there's no
> debian/missing-sources directory there.  I also note that
> the license for rake_task.rb has not been fixed, though
> that's non-blocking.

Dear team,

so we finally know why webgen is stuck in the new queue.

Actually I'm a little bit pissed, because the previous
thread from May last year that Sean Whitton mentions here
ended with two mails: one from Danial explaining why he
thinks that there's no need to add source-files of
png-images, and one from me explaining the situation and
asking if this 13 year old sodopodi generated svg-file in
the upstreams github repository, which has a different name
as the png-files and is not part of the released
source-code, but might be considered as some kind of source
file, really should be added to d/missing-sources. We never
got any reply to these mails, but the package got stuck.

Nevertheless: I'm also tired of these games and interested
to get the package going into unstable. So I tried to apply
the requested changes to the package. I did so in my
personal salsa git repository so far, so that somebody could
have a look at the changes, before I'll push them to the
teams mentors repository.

Thanks for listening, any advice is welcome!

Klaumi

-----
Klaumi Klingsporn
mail: klaumikli@gmx.de