Re: Ruby 3.0 is the default in experimental

On Thu, Dec 02, 2021 at 09:16:46PM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, dem 02.12.2021 um 16:57 -0300 schrieb Lucas Kanashiro:
> >
> > FYI I just uploaded ruby-defaults/1:3.0~exp1 to experimental, and now
> > ruby3.0 is the default and ruby2.7 support was removed. In unstable no
> > change was made.
>
> Please don't upload to unstable until Jekyll is fixed/updated.

Do you have an ETA, or a list of blockers? It's been 1.5 months since
the start of this thread, and we really should already be transitioning
to ruby3.0 as default. 3.1 has been released, and we need to start that
transition as well soon.

IMO it's better to have jekyll broken for a while than blocking the
entire ecosystem from moving forward for an undefined amount of time.