Re: planning to upload ruby-excon 0.72 to unstable causing ruby-vcr to ftbfs

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 02:15:02PM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> Hi ruby team,
>
> ruby-excon 0.72 causes ftbfs in ruby-vcr (all other reverse dependencies
> still work)
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=954731 upstream did not
> respond for over a month. If someone is interested to take care of ruby-vcr,
> please fix this or at least tell me if I should delay ruby-excon upload to
> unstable. If no one stops me, I'd like to upload it by next week (April 6).

I just made an upload of ruby-vcr to fix a FTBFS against the new version
of ruby-webmock (also just uploaded). I couldn't figure out what is
the problem with the new ruby-excon, so I didn't fix that yet.

IMO it would be ok to disable the few tests that fail for the time
being, so I don't think you should be blocked on this.