Re: REMOVED packages: please move repositories to ruby-team/attic

Am Sonntag, den 29.03.2020, 14:36 +0200 schrieb Daniel Leidert:

[..]
> There are currently around 200(!) possible candidates for attic. I started
> moving those too. To ease the work I created a script called 'attic', I'll push
> soon, in our team's meta repository. The script currently does the work of
> creating the necessary branches for jessie (o-o-stable), stretch (oldstable),
> and buster (stable). I'll try to extend it to do all the stuff automatically:
>
> * checkout the repsoitory
> * create the branches
> * push the branches
> * move the repository to the attic namespace
>
> [1] https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/meta/-/blob/master/list-ruby-team-attic
> [2] https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/meta/-/blob/master/attic-ignore.list

The tool is now available:
https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/meta/-/blob/master/attic

and can be used inside and outside of a checked out copy. If using the -a
switch it will determine the versions in oldoldstable, oldstable and stable
using rmadison.

96 projects have been moved into the ruby-team/attic namespace. If they had
versions in stretch, jessie, or buster branches with the name of
debian/<release> have been created. 5 packages have been moved to attic and
then been archived. These are

berkshelf
ruby-amrita
ruby-amrita2
ruby-http-parser
ruby-openssl

As s0on as Jessie reches EOL more of the 96 packages can be archived. However
there are around 100 packages not having any version in Debian. Some of them
are ITPs, sure, but I wonder if there are a few which have been in wheezy or
before and can be moved to attic too.

Regards, Daniel