Re: REMOVED packages: please move repositories to ruby-team/attic

Am Freitag, den 27.03.2020, 09:40 -0300 schrieb Antonio Terceiro:

> When packages get removed from the archive, please move their git
> repositories to the "Attic" subgroup so we keep an archive, and if
> necessary those repositories can still be used for stable updates.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/attic

I went through my local archive of our maintainers list and moved all packages
mentioned in emails with the subject line containing "Removed package(s) from
unstable" since August 20th 2019. These packages are:

   adlint
   berkshelf
   berkshelf-api
   reel
   ruby-berkshelf-api-client
   ruby-concurrent-ext
   ruby-dep-selector
   ruby-extendmatrix
   ruby-grape-msgpack
   ruby-haml-magic-translations
   ruby-hpricot
   ruby-memfs
   ruby-notifier
   ruby-openssl
   ruby-websocket-parser

They have been moved into the attic subgroup. Branches debian/stretch and/or
debian/buster have been created for those packages still in stable and/or
unstable. In those branches the configuration files (d/gbp.conf, d/salsa-
ci.yml) have been adjusted to point to the correct branch and Debian release.
Also in d/control the Vcs* fields have been adjusted to point to salsa and the
correct branch.

I have written a small script to test, which of our packages don't have any
reverse dependencies (to identify removal candidates). I'll submit this script
soon into the team's repository. It can probably be easily adjusted to test for
packages, which still need to be moved into the attic subgroup.

Regards, Daniel