Re: REMOVED packages: please move repositories to ruby-team/attic

Am Samstag, den 28.03.2020, 15:43 +0100 schrieb Daniel Leidert:
> Am Freitag, den 27.03.2020, 09:40 -0300 schrieb Antonio Terceiro:
>
> > When packages get removed from the archive, please move their git
> > repositories to the "Attic" subgroup so we keep an archive, and if
> > necessary those repositories can still be used for stable updates.
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/attic

I wrote a small script [1] which loops through our repositories looking for
packages not in unstable or experimental. For false positives there is a list
for repositories to ignore [2]. Please add your package's repository if it is
neither in unstable or experimental but not an attic candidate.

There are currently around 200(!) possible candidates for attic. I started
moving those too. To ease the work I created a script called 'attic', I'll push
soon, in our team's meta repository. The script currently does the work of
creating the necessary branches for jessie (o-o-stable), stretch (oldstable),
and buster (stable). I'll try to extend it to do all the stuff automatically:

* checkout the repsoitory
* create the branches
* push the branches
* move the repository to the attic namespace

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/meta/-/blob/master/list-ruby-team-attic
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/meta/-/blob/master/attic-ignore.list

Regards, Daniel