Re: RFS: ruby-aws-sdk

On 11/1/20 21:09, Pirate Praveen wrote:

On ശ, Jan 11, 2020 at 20:46, David Suárez <david.sephirot@gmail.com> wrote:
Well, if you applies this, I dunno why the upload were blocked until upstream CI of gitlab. If gitlab is in experimental, I dunno why it should block any unstable (working and well done packaging) upload.

Because we actually run the upstream ci and investigated the failure. I uploaded because you confirmed gitlab ci is broken.

See the last upload of ruby-aws-sdk was done in 2018. I updated it to 2.9 for gitlab. It is disrespectful to now suddenly wake up to the fact that a week of dealy is not acceptable. aws-sdk 2.x was first released in February 05, 2015.

Like I said before, if we as a team decide, not to respect breakages in reverse dependencies during updates, then lets do that decision first.

The problem here, is not to respect reverse dependencies, the problem is the priority that is getting gitlab (that is a experimental package) to allow this reverse dependencies uploads, that renders them in a totally unusable state.

I think I stop replying to this thread now.

Thanks !