Re: RFS: ruby-aws-sdk

On തി, Jan 6, 2020 at 20:12, David Suárez <david.sephirot@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Just updated the packaged in salsa.

It gets a new major version (1 -> 2), so they are not compatible. The unique reverse dependency is gitlab (but in experimental version). So it's should not breaks nothing, except for end users of the library.

I don't think that reasoning is helpful. We are maintaining gitlab in experimental because some maintainers are too slow with transitions (grpc/protobuf) even when we do all the rebuilding and filing bugs. So even breaking in experimental is not okay, especially because it keeps happening very often.

But in this specific case, we are probably okay as we already use 2.9.32 and this is only a minor update. But many times even minor updates have broken gitlab, so I'd prefer to test them (at least core packages).

Could any DD review and sponsor the upload ?

We'll run the upstream ci to check if it is okay before the update.

Thanks in advance,

--

  David