Re: ruby-aws-sdk_2.11.422-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On 2020, ജനുവരി 12 1:53:56 AM IST, "David Suárez" <david.sephirot@gmail.com> wrote:
>Could you try again?. The upload goes now for experimental until
>duplicates packages of v3 of this same gem gets ROM.
>
>I will request ROM for:
>
>   - ruby-aws-sdk-s3
>   - ruby-aws-sdk-core
>   - ruby-aws-sdk-kms

>The motive is, that this packaging have to go as submodules of the root
>
>package ruby-aws-sdk. And they are the version 3 of 'ruby-aws-sdk' that
>
>like you suggested, they are not needed for gitlab.So for ruby-aws-sdk
>(version 2), the current ruby-aws-sdk-core and ruby-aws-sdk-s3 have
>higher versions.
>
>This way we can't offer the v3 versions of all services, because the
>neededs gems didn't get packaged atm (if we want to package v3, I think
>
>that we should package all the services gems, not a pair of them).

Can we add -v2 to 2.x packages ? ruby-aws-sdk-v2, ruby-aws-sdk-core-v2 etc? I think the v3 gems were packaged for loomio so we can't just remove them (loomio is still not complete, but its not nice to just remove other people's work). And the idea of v3 is to depend only on the services you need instead of whole SDK. It will take some time for gitlab to move to v3. Once gitlab moves to v3, we can ROM -v2 packages.