Re: reducing volument of KGB notifications on IRC

On 28 August 2019 3:46:27 PM IST, Utkarsh Gupta <guptautkarsh2102@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hey,
>
>On 28/08/19 1:57 pm, Georg Faerber wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This topic is two fold, in my opinion:
>>
>> On 19-08-28 08:25:06, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:
>>> It doesn't make much sense to run CI on the tags :/
>> Yes, I agree. That's why I created [1] some time ago, more recently
>[2]
>> was created, both tickets asking to disable CI by default for tags.
>> However, so far, it seems there is no consensus regarding this.
>>
>>> If that's not already done, could you please do that as well?
>> Still, we could at least disable notifications for the pipelines
>which
>> are triggered if tags are pushed. I didn't test this yet, but
>disabling
>> the hook for "Tag push events" should do the trick. This way, the
>> pipeline would still run two times, for the respective commit and
>tag,
>> but at least we would only get one notification, instead of two, thus
>> reducing noise. Any opinion on this?
>
>Sounds good; though it doesn't matter much since we have a different
>channel now.
>But sure, until it is officially resolved, I won't mind doing that :D

Can we all who do not wish to trigger a CI build when tags or any changes are pushed, start using the CI skipping mechanism/feature provided by Gitlab CI.

You can include [skip ci] or [ci skip]
in your commit message to skip a CI build.

More details here
https://docs.gitlab.com/ce/ci/yaml/#skipping-jobs