Re: RFS: test-kitchen

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 03:49:14PM +0300, Hleb Valoshka wrote:
> On 7/8/15, Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> wrote:

> > Have you forwarded the patch 0004-Fix-monkey-patching-of-IO.read.patch
> > upstream? If yes, add the info in the header of the patch.

> How should it look in git commit? Raw string "Forwarded to blah-blah-blah"?

According to http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/, you can use the URL to
the patch in the bug tracker or the mailing list as the content of the
Forwarded: field.

> > Can you run also the Cucumber features in debian/ruby-tests.rake?

> I'm not sure. To run tests I use gem2deb's wrapper for rake, so I have
> no idea how to run cucumber together with it. if I use plane rake, I
> have several test failures because they can't find files from support/
> (they installed to .../usr/share/test-kitchen/support/). If there is a
> way to find the same files in different cases
> (/usr/share/test-kitchen/support/ in runtime and debian/..../usr/...
> in buildtime), then I'll try to run cucumber as well.

ruby-stamp has something like debian/ruby-tests.rake.
require 'cucumber/rake/task'
--------8<------
Cucumber::Rake::Task.new(:features) do |t|
  t.bundler = false
end

task :default => :features
-------->8------

It might be the
case that the loadpath is modified to prefer files in lib/ instead of
those installed in debian/package/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/, which may
cause problems when the paths are modified with patches.

When I run cucumber (after the patches are applied), I get 108 passed
tests before I get the error:
  Could not load or activate WinRM::Transport (Could not find 'winrm-transport'
which should be disabled for the same reason as the tests. If you can at
least manage to run a subset of features, I think it will be an
improvement.