Re: RFS: test-kitchen

On 7/8/15, Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> wrote:

(I have some fixes done but have not pushed them yet.)

> 0005-Do-not-change-LOAD_PATH-and-do-not-use-rubygems-in-b.patch is
> missing (it appears in the debian/patches/series file).

Fixed.

> There is a typo in 0003-Remove-CI-staff.patch: s/staff/stuff/g in the
> name of the patch and the description.

Fixed.

> In the man page, you can shorten the description (like the short
> description of the package).

Fixed.

> Remove the capital letter in the beginning of the short description.

Fixed.

> Have you forwarded the patch 0004-Fix-monkey-patching-of-IO.read.patch
> upstream? If yes, add the info in the header of the patch.

How should it look in git commit? Raw string "Forwarded to blah-blah-blah"?

> Can you run also the Cucumber features in debian/ruby-tests.rake?

I'm not sure. To run tests I use gem2deb's wrapper for rake, so I have
no idea how to run cucumber together with it. if I use plane rake, I
have several test failures because they can't find files from support/
(they installed to .../usr/share/test-kitchen/support/). If there is a
way to find the same files in different cases
(/usr/share/test-kitchen/support/ in runtime and debian/..../usr/...
in buildtime), then I'll try to run cucumber as well.

> Don't you need to install the files in templates/?
> For example, kitchen init fails:
> Could not find "kitchen.yml.erb" in any of your source paths. Your current
> source paths are:
> /usr/lib/ruby/templates/init

Fixed.