Re: Ruby BoF at Debconf15: which format?

* Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> [150628 08:47]:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 09:12:45AM -0300, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
>
> > Can you please read the message below and let me know what you think?
>
> Hi,
>
> After having followed for a couple of years the Ruby BoF thanks to the
> video streaming, I will attend to the event in person this year, so I am
> maybe a bit biased.
>
> If the Ruby BoF keeps the same format as last year, i.e. a discussion
> about various topics, then it doesn't make sense to convert it to a
> talk (or split it into two subevents).
>
> Video coverage for BoF in my opinion is good for people who are
> following live the event, with video streaming and interact via IRC.
> Afterwards, reading a written report is often more useful (you get the
> same amount information in less time).

I concur; from my PoV last years version (basic meeting with live video
and IRC interaction) worked quite well.

More or less we're using this as a big videochat room, the recording
won't be very useful.

C.

--
 ,''`.  Christian Hofstaedtler <zeha@debian.org>