Re: Ruby BoF at Debconf15: which format?

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 03:28:19PM +0200, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:
> * Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> [150628 08:47]:
> > On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 09:12:45AM -0300, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> >
> > > Can you please read the message below and let me know what you think?
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > After having followed for a couple of years the Ruby BoF thanks to the
> > video streaming, I will attend to the event in person this year, so I am
> > maybe a bit biased.
> >
> > If the Ruby BoF keeps the same format as last year, i.e. a discussion
> > about various topics, then it doesn't make sense to convert it to a
> > talk (or split it into two subevents).
> >
> > Video coverage for BoF in my opinion is good for people who are
> > following live the event, with video streaming and interact via IRC.
> > Afterwards, reading a written report is often more useful (you get the
> > same amount information in less time).
>
> I concur; from my PoV last years version (basic meeting with live video
> and IRC interaction) worked quite well.
>
> More or less we're using this as a big videochat room, the recording
> won't be very useful.

That makes sense; in the case, we could probably say we don't need
proper video coverage (thus saving it for events with actually useful
recordings), and then use something like firefox hello to provide a live
audio/video link for remote poeple?

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>