Ruby BoF at Debconf15: which format?

Hello everyone,

Can you please read the message below and let me know what you think?

----- Forwarded message from Maximiliano Curia <maxy@debian.org> -----

Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 23:03:12 +0200
From: Maximiliano Curia <maxy@debian.org>
To: Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>
Cc: DebConf Content Team <content@debconf.org>
Subject: Proposal 172 - Ruby BoF (Antonio Terceiro)

Hi!

In previous DebConfs there have been many events called "BoFs" that were
actually presentations of one speaker in the front, sometimes with slides,
usually held in the same big rooms as the other talks.

In DebConf15, the largest BoF room will have space for a maximum of 45 people
(and will have video coverage) and there will be a number of other smaller
rooms with space for 15 to 20 people, without video coverage.

We have quite a number of BoF proposals, and only a few of them will get video
coverage, which is of course a hard decision to take, as not all of the
currently submitted BoFs will get video coverage.

For all these reasons we ask you to consider the following options:
- Will your BoF consist mostly of one or two speakers in the front, doing a
  presentation?  If so, please change it to be a talk.
- Will your BoF be mostly for the people present in the room, and thus does
  not require video coverage? If so, please make sure that the "video
  recording" box is not ticked.
- Would it make sense to split it into two sections, one that can be streamed
  and one that can be just in-person? If so, you could submit a second event,
  or add a comment in the already existing one to let us know.

Whatever you decide to do, please also tell us by replying to this email.

Thanks!
Maxy on behalf of the
DebConf Content Team
--
"If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative programs, by
the same token they deserve to be punished if they restrict the use of these

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>