Re: help with running tests for rails using gems

Sam,

* Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> [130603 16:05]:
> On 06/03/2013 09:49 AM, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:
> >Praveen, Sam,
> >
> >* Praveen A <pravi.a@gmail.com> [130603 15:45]:
> >>
> >>Latest version of i18n is 0.6.4. Should we update it to latest
> >>version? For now I'll update to 0.6.1 and if it is better to update to
> >>latest, I will update it later.
> >
> >activesupport right now requires '= 0.6.1' for i18n. I'm working on
> >updating i18n to 0.6.4, and adding a patch to activesupport to say
> >'>= 0.6.1'.
>
> You want to avoid 0.6.2 and 0.6.3:
>
> https://github.com/svenfuchs/i18n/issues/192
>
> If you patch activesupport, I'd suggest pulling forward what is in
> branch 3-2-stable (which is the base for what will eventually be
> 3.2.14):
>
> https://github.com/rails/rails/commit/641a27d47baf4804e89d5a99ee6d843a75d868e6

Thanks, I've modified the patch to say >= 0.6.4.

> >Next thing on my list is rack, which also needs a new version.

Do you have an opinion on rack as well?

Currently, actionpack 3.2 wants ~> 1.4.5, but
           actionpack 4.0 wants ~> 1.5.2.

> - Sam Ruby

  C.

--
       Christian Hofstaedtler       | design, deploy, scale
http://christian.hofstaedtler.name/ | phone +43 720 699846