Re: RFS: ohai gem2deb transition

]] Antonio Terceiro

> Nice! I am willing to help with this, do you want to comaintain it
> inside the Ruby team?

Sure, that'd work fine for me.

I need to make sure it works well on various Ubuntu versions and squeeze
too, but that should be doable-ish.

> I though about first asking the Opscode people, or to look at their
> Debian package sources, to see whether we can minimize our effort to get
> newest chef* packages on sid.

Yeah, I'm basing my work off their packages, but for some of those we're
already in a bit of a mess, since there's the opscode-packages repo
which contains the debian/ dir for some of the packages uploaded to
Debian, and there's the svn stuff in pkg-ruby-extras.  In addition,
there's obviously the stuff from upstream too.

I'm tempted to just drop the git/svn history and import the sources and
work from that.  At least with a pointer to older history, not that much
is lost and it's more important to spend manpower on fixing the current
packages than looking back, IMO.

Thoughts?
--
Tollef Fog Heen