Re: RFS: ohai gem2deb transition

Hi,

Tollef Fog Heen escreveu isso aí:

> Hi,
>
> ]] Antonio Terceiro
>
> > FYI: I finished the ohai packaging myself, but I did not upload it yet.
> > I'm not sure about compatibility with the old chef, and it seems that
> > upgrading chef will not be trivial.
>
> I'm working on getting a newer chef into the archive and plan on getting
> the current version (or something newer, depending on upstream release
> schedules) in before wheezy freezes.  I don't _think_ newer ohai is
> incompatible with older chef, so I think just uploading should be ok.

Nice! I am willing to help with this, do you want to comaintain it
inside the Ruby team?

I though about first asking the Opscode people, or to look at their
Debian package sources, to see whether we can minimize our effort to get
newest chef* packages on sid.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>